Julie first discovered Pilates in an effort to regain her fitness after the birth of her child. While practicing Pilates, she found her posture, muscle strength, core control and body awareness improved way beyond any expectation.
In 1993, she competed in the United States of America’s National Tae Kwon Do Championship Tournament and placed second in the Women’s division. Julie went on to earn her Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do in 1994. It was this early introduction to fitness training and her passion for Pilates that inspired Julie to pursue her education and become a Pilates Instructor.
Having practiced law in Australia and the United States since 1994, Julie was not a novice to hard work and lots of studying. With a desire to change careers, while still focusing on helping others, Julie turned towards a career as a Pilates Instructor.
The decision to seek more knowledge led Julie to study Anatomy and Physiology at Nature Care College, gaining a high distinction in the subject. At the same time, she completed her course work through Polestar International to become a Pilates Instructor for mat and reformer classes, as well as, studio work. Julie has a strong commitment to continue gathering knowledge and experience in the Pilates field. To bring this knowledge into the class for each individual and to ultimately enhance their physical and mental balance is Julie’s goal.
Julie’s experiences as a mother, elite sportsperson and lawyer culminate in her ability to understand and teach each student at the level they need to reach their goal. Julie currently teaches in a variety of studios, schools, retirement centres and corporate offices on the North Shore.
• Studio, Mat and Allegro Certification- Polestar Pilates International Program
• Current Senior First Aid Certificate
• Pilates for Children’s Course
• Pilates for Seniors
• Privately insured with AON
• Currently admitted as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
• Currently admitted to practice as an Attorney in the Courts of South Carolina, USA
• Juris Doctorate in Law – University of South Carolina, USA 1994
• Bachelor of Arts- Furman University, USA 1990